Many scientists along with the expert environmentalists at Norvergence Foundation INC have raised their concerns on the rapid spread of the COVID 19 (coronavirus) outbreak and the impact that it is imposing on the environment. Below mentioned are some points that briefly explain this.
- Reduced air traffic resulting in low carbon emissions
- Less industrial pollution and low greenhouse emissions
- Less vehicular pollution as an outcome of social distancing
- Piles of medical waste
- Improper disposal of facemasks, empty sanitizer bottles, and gloves
- Improper disposal of essential medical kits and protection gear
It is important to take proactive steps amidst coronavirus to stay safe and keep the environment clean.